Maithri, Mahinda hold crucial discussion
Opposition Leader Mahinda Rajapaksa and President Maitripala Sirisena had a crucial discussion last night with regards to the formation of an alliance in view of the upcoming Presidential elections, informed sources said.
The talks were held in a cordial atmosphere and informed sources said that it was successful. Sources also said the President had indicated that he would direct the SLFP on how the ongoing talks between the SLFP and the SLPP should continue.
The one to one meeting between President Maitripala Sirisena and Opposition Leader Mahinda Rajapaksa took place while preparations were being made for the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) convention to be held on Sunday (11) where it is expected for Rajapaksa to take over the leadership of the SLPP and name former Defense Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa as the party’s Presidential candidate.
There were also reports earlier that there would be a meeting between President Sirisena and Gotabhaya Rajapaksa in the near future.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
It must have been a hilarious meeting.
Hope Mahinda reminded the King of the Hoppers they had at Temple Trees, hours before the King majestically stabbed Mahinda in the back.
The race for the Big Chair is between RW and GR.
With the tacit support of MR and Pohottu, RW will be in the King’s Chair.
In the next Parliamentary elections, RW’s NDF will be expanded to include Pohottu and GR nominated as PM under a National Govt with 48 ministers!
The National Govt will have 2/3rd majority in Parliament and will produce a new constitution.
This is RW’s big plan for the nation.