Makandure Madush’s assets could top Rs. 1 billion – Police
Underworld kingpin Makandure Madush has amassed wealth, which could top one billion rupees, a close associate of the drug lord has told police investigators.
Under interrogation, Kelum Indika Sampath, who was arrested by sleuths, has revealed details of the assets acquired by Madush, IP Linton Silva, head of the Peliyagoda Division Police Investigations Unit, said.
Kelum was a close confederate of Madush, now in the custody of the Dubai police.
Madush has deposited millions of rupees and purchased assets under the names of people within his ‘inner circle’, IP Silva said.
“Based on the information, they will be arrested after Madush is taken into custody when he is deported from Dubai”, the police officer said.
(Source: The Island – By Norman Palihawadana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023