Malaka did not assault me – Army Major
The attorney representing the Army Major, who was injured in a brawl at a five-star hotel recently, today filed an affidavit before the Fort Magistrate stating that he was not assaulted by Malaka Silva and Rehan Wijeratne and agreeing to settle the issue.
The son of Public Relations and Public Affairs Minister Mervyn Silva, Malaka and others surrendered to the Slave Island police yesterday (Sep. 17) over the alleged assault on the Army Major.
They were produced before Colombo Fort Magistrate and remanded until September 24.
It was previously reported that the Army Major was injured and hospitalized after allegedly being assaulted by Malaka Silva at a five-star hotel in Colombo on September 8.
Minister Mervyn Silva however has denied that his son assaulted an Army officer or any security personnel.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023