Malaysia Airlines flight MH148 makes emergency landing at Melbourne airport
A Malaysia airlines Airbus A330 made an emergency landing at Melbourne’s Tullamarine airport on Friday after the failure of its starboard engine shortly after take-off.
An Airservices Australia spokesman said the plane had experienced engine failure.
“Something occurred when the engine went full-throttle, and as is standard in such situations the pilot has taken the plane out over the bay to dump fuel, and it will land shortly,” he said.
All arrivals to the airport were stopped to make way for the plane with other flights delayed or diverted.
At 3.20pm, Melbourne airport used social media to confirm that the MH148 flight landed safely.
“All operations at Melbourne airport continue as normal,” a message on their Twitter account said.
Comment is being sought from Malaysia airlines.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023