Cabinet approves 20A with 237 parliamentary seats
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s Cabinet of Ministers today approved a proposal to increase the number of seats in Parliament to 237, through the 20th amendment to the constitution.
The 237 seats include 145MPs from First-Past-the Post (FPP) system, 55 from Proportional Representation (PR) system and the remaining 25 members from the National List.
The cabinet had earlier granted approval to a proposal put forward by the Prime Minister to elect 125 MPs from First-Past-the Post (FPP) system, 75 from Proportional Representation (PR) system and the remaining 25 members from the National List.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023