Malinga to return home briefly after Bangladesh game
Lasith Malinga will leave the team following Sri Lanka’s World Cup Game against Bangladesh, which will be played today, as his Mother-In-Law has passed away, the Sri Lanka Cricket Board said today.
The cricket board said that Malinga was expected to return to Sri Lanka immediately after the match but was expected to return in time for the next game against Australia on June 15.
“Lasith Malinga will leave the team following Sri Lanka’s World Cup Game against Bangladesh, which will be played today, as his Mother-In-Law has passed away.”
“He is expected to join the team, before the team’s next CWC19 game, which will be played against Australia on 15th,” the SLC statement said.
Sri Lanka faces Bangladesh in a must-win game for both teams on Tuesday.
The remains of late Mrs. Kanthi Perera lie at the Barney Raymond Funeral Home at Colombo 08 and the funeral will take place on Thursday, 13th June at the Borella Cemetery.
The 35-year old is expected to join with the team in England before Sri Lanka’s next match against Australia which is scheduled to happen on 15th June.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
SL Cricket shout request Malinga to stay behind.
He is not gonna make any difference in the few remaining critical matches.
Malinga should stay behind in SL and participate in all religious ceremonies that will follow his MIL’s funeral.