Man commits suicide in front of President’s house in Mirihana
A 53-year-old male has committed suicide in front of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s house in Mirihana a short while ago, police said.
The man had climbed on a live transformer after calling for an immediate end to the power cuts.
Police said he was intoxicated at the time of the incident.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Darshana Sanjeewa Balasuriya)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023