Sri Lanka’s entire cabinet resigns
The Sri Lankan Cabinet of Ministers have decided to resign and have submitted their letters of resignation to Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The letter is with Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and will be handed over to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
Prime Minister Rajapaksa will however continue as the Prime Minister and a new cabinet will be formed in the coming days.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023