Manjula Tillekaratne receiving treatment
A spokesperson for the Colombo General Hospital states that Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission Manjula Tillekaratne is currently receiving treatment at the accident ward at the Colombo National Hospital.
Manjula Tillekaratne was admitted to the hospital a short while ago after being assaulted by and unidentified gang near S. Thomas’ College in Mt.Lavinia.
The secretary issuing a statement on September 18 stated that various individuals were threatening him over measures taken by the commission.
He pointed out in the statement that the disciplinary action that had been taken against a judge was one such example.
Following the release of the statement, Tilekaratne stated that his life and those and of those in the judicial service were under threat.
Courtesy: News First
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023