Minister Keheliya appointed to SLFP Central Committee
President Mahinda Rajapaksa has appointed Minister of Mass Media and Information Keheliya Rambukwella as a member of the Central Committee of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party.
Keheliya Rambukwella was the first United National Party Parliamentarian to join President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s government in 2006 when the terrorist threat was at its zenith to support the government’s programme to eliminate terrorism.
Minister Rambukwella played a mammoth role as the media spokesman of the Media Centre for National Security by providing factual information about the humanitarian operation and discounting the fallacious propaganda that were being carried out at that time by the Tiger Terrorist outfit and its stooges.
Keheliya Rambukwella is the current Sri Lanka Freedom Party organizer for the Kundasale electorate of the Kandy District.(niz)
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023