Foreign Ministry refutes alleged weapon purchases from North Korea using black market Dollars
The Foreign Ministry yesterday refuted a news item that said Sri Lanka purchased weapons from North Korea using Black Market Dollars.
The Ministry in a release said that Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa had categorically denied the comments attributed to him in the said news item telecast in a TV channel.
“The Foreign Ministry wishes to state that Foreign Minister Professor G.L.Peiris has spoken in this regard with his Cabinet colleague, Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa who has categorically denied the comments attributed to him in the said news item,” a Foreign Ministry statement said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023