Ministry announces decision to impose day and night power cuts
The Ministry of Power and Renewable Energy states that power cuts for a period of three and a half hours daily will be imposed owing to the ongoing power crisis.
Media Spokesperson to the Ministry Sulakshana Jayawardena said that as a result a two and a half hour power cut will be experienced in the mornings while a one hour power cut will be experienced in the nights.
Jayawardena said four geographical locations will be demarcated across the country, and power cuts imposed.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023