Missing albino cobra found
Posted in Local News
The albino cobra, which was reported missing from Dehiwela Zoo last Monday was found while it was left near the Zoo this morning, police said.
Police said it was left in a pillow case and was in good health.
The cobra is to be produced in the Mount Lavinia Magistrate Court and would be handed over to the Zoo.
Investigations are under way to arrest the suspects, police said.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
This should be an inside job. Zoo is a place where animals are for exhibit and breed endangered species. Unfortunately Dehiwala zoological garden has become slaughter house. Few months ago it was an albino turtle (in the South), this time around an Albino cobra. Do we have any albino elephants?