Moves to legalise cannabis in Sri Lanka?
Posted in Local News
Cabinet paper has been presented to legalise cannabis in Sri Lanka, State minister of Indigenous medicine Sisira Jayakody said.
The state minister said they hope that the cabinet will approve it over the next few weeks.
“We also plan to present the legal framework in parliament because as per the existing laws cannabis can be grown only for medical and scientific purposes and not for recreational activities,” he said.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023