National Birth Certificate to be issued
Issuing a media circular the Registrar General stated that, the National Birth Certificate introduced in 2019 has been designed to meet national and international standards with the most secure strategies and international standards while eliminating the shortcomings of the former birth certificate.
The birth certificate is prepared in both languages. Here, the section “Are Parents Married?” that is prejudicial to some children has been removed and the following new features have been included.
- Named as “National Birth Certificate” instead of the “Birth Certificate”
- Prepared in both languages
- The identity number given at birth is included.
- Prepared digitally using a more protected paper
- Includes a quick response code, a code number, and a watermark with a hologram sticker
- Issued under the Signature of Registrar General
The National Birth Certificate does not include details of a religion that did not even exist in the former Birth Certificate. In addition to “race”, the race of the parents is also included.
The National Birth Certificate has not yet been made public and is planned to issue on completion of the relevant procedures.
(Source: Daily News)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023