New Cabinet sworn in
A new Cabinet ministers were sworn in before President Maithripala Sirisena at the Presidential Secretariat, a short while ago.
1. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe: Minister of National Polices, Economic Affairs, Resettlement & Rehabilitation, Northern Province Development, Vocational Training & Skills Development & Youth Affairs
2. John Amaratunga: Tourism Development, Wildlife and Christian Religious Affairs
3. Gamini Jayawickrama Perera: Minister of Buddha Sasana and Wayamba Development
4. Mangala Samaraweera: Minister of Finance and Mass Media
5. Lakshman Kiriella: Minister of Public Enterprise, Kandyan Heritage & Kandy Development
6. Rauff Hakeem: Minister of City Planning, Water Supply and Higher Education
7. Thilak Janaka Marapana: Minister of Foreign Affairs
8. Rajitha Senaratna: Minister of Health and Indigenous Medicine
9. Ravi Karunanayake: Minister of Power, Energy and Enterprise Development
10. Vajira Abeywardena: Minister of Internal and Home Affairs and Provincial Councils and Local Government
11. Abdul Rishad Bathiudeen: Minister of Industry & Commerce, Resettlement of Protracted Displaced Persons & Co-operative Development
12. Patali Champika Ranawaka: Minister of Megapolis & Western Development
13. Navin Dissanayake: Minister of Plantation Industries
14. P. Harrison: Minister of Agriculture, Rural Economic Affairs, Livestock Development, Irrigation and Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Development
15. Mohamed Hashim Mohamed Kabir: Minister of Highways, Road Development and Petroleum Resources Development
16. Ranjith Maddumabandara: Minister of Public Administration & Disaster Management
17. Gayantha Karunatilake: Minister of Lands and Parliamentary Reforms
18. Sajith Premadasa: Minister of Housing Construction and Cultural Affairs
19. Arjuna Ranatunga: Minister of Transport & Civil Aviation
20. Palani Thigambaram: Minister of Hill Country New Villages, Infrastructure & Community Development
21. Chadrani Bandara: Minister of Women & Child Affairs and Dry Zone Development
22. Thalatha Atukorale: Minister of Justice and Prison Reforms
23. Akila Viraj Kariyawasam: Minister of Education
24. Abdul Haleem Mohamed Hasheem: Minister of Postal Services & Muslim Religious Affairs
25. Sagala Ratnayaka: Minister of Ports & Shipping and Southern Development
26. Harin Fernando: Minister of Telecommunications, Digital Infrastructure, Foreign Employment and Sports
27. Mano Ganesan: Minister of National Integration, Official Languages, Social Progress and Hindu Religious Affairs.
28. Daya Gamage: Minister of Labour, Trade Union Relations, and Social Empowerment.
29. Malik Samarawickrama: Minister of Development Strategies, International Trade and Science, Technology and Research.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Where is Field Marshall Sarath Fonseka?
He is a person who calls a spade a spade.
Only 2 are women; in a Cabinet of 28, least 12 should have been women.