New health guidelines issued: gyms, spas closed – public events banned
Sri Lanka has issued new health guidelines with immediate effect until the 31st of August as measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus within the country.
The measures include closing gyms, spas, children’s parks, swimming pools, and indoor sports halls with immediate effect.
In addition to this, musical events, beach parties, and carnivals have also been banned.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023