New Principals to strengthen School Education
The Education Minister Bandula Gunawardena at a media briefing held at the Education Ministry yesterday, revealed that out of 340 National Schools in Sri Lanka, 105 National Schools do not have principals in permanent positions . The Education Ministry will take immediate action to recruit new qualified principals by publishing a gazette notification calling for applications in March, said the Minister.
He also added that the Education Ministry has taken action to recruit 700 fine arts teachers out of the total of 3,174 applicants and the others will be recruited as Primary teachers on temporary basis. The Ministry will provide three months training to them with a monthly allowance of Rs.10,000/-.
Minister Gunawardena noted that there is a shortage of teachers for Art and Drama and Theater. The Education Ministry will take action to fill those vacancies in the near future.
The Education Ministry together with the National Education Institute will take steps to fill teacher vacancies in all schools, he added.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023