NFF leader pledges utmost support for President’s victory
National Freedom Front (NFF) leader and Construction, Engineering Services, Housing and Common Amenities Minister Wimal Weerawansa has assured President Mahinda Rajapaksa that his party would extend utmost support to ensure his victory at a future Presidential election.
He gave this assurance at a discussion with the President at Temple Trees on Friday.
The views and suggestions of UPFA constituent parties would be sought when plans are formulated for future government activities, President Rajapaksa told the NFF delegation. UPFA General Secretary and Environment and Sustainable Energy Minister Susil Premajayantha also participated.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023