Heavy rains exceeding 150 mm: Meteorology Department
Posted in Local News
The Meteorology Department said today heavy rains exceeding 150 mm could be expected at most parts of the country due to prevailing disturbed atmospheric conditions.
The Met. Department issuing a severe weather advisory valid for the next 24 hours forecasted showers or thunderstorms over most parts of the island particularly during the afternoon and night while showers expected to occur in the mornings as well.
It said the sea areas could be rough due to sudden increase of wind speed during thunderstorms.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023