No more wedding receptions at Temple Trees: PM
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe had decided not to allow anybody to hold wedding receptions at Temple Trees in future, UNP sources said yesterday.
This decision comes after the controversy that arose with regards to a report that a sum exceeding rupees two million had been spent by MP Chathura Senaratne to hold a wedding reception at the venue recent.
The sentiments expressed by the UNP MPs at its parliamentary group meeting had prompted Premier Wickremesinghe to take such a drastic decision, these sources revealed.
Temple Trees has served as the official residence of a number of this country’s leaders since the late 1940’s. At present, it is the official residence of PM Ranil Wickremesinghe.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024