UNP to re-appoint Ravi as Minister
The UNP has decided to re-appoint former Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake to Cabinet.
The decision was taken at the UNP working committee meeting held under the patronage of Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe on Tuesday (5) at the Public Administration Ministry.
UNP national organiser Plantations Minister Navin Dissanayake, General Secretary Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, Minister Ranjith Maddumabandara, Party Chairman Minister Kabir Hashim,
Minister Harin Fernando, Minister Ruwan Wijewardene, State Minister J.C. Alawathuwala and State Minister Ajith P. Perera were present at the meeting.
The Attorney General’s Department will present facts related to allegations against MP Ravi Karunanayake by next week, following a request made by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe.
(Source: Daily News – By Shiromi Abeysinghe)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023