No reason to get angry over UNHRC resolution – UNP
There is no reason to get angry or to raise our voices against the international community following the adoption of the UNHRC resolution on Sri Lanka, the UNP stated.
The government should abandon antagonistic political views and place their belief in friendship and composure, the UNP stated. As a start, the government should implement the recommendations made by the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission (LLRC), the opposition party further stated.
It added that there was no reason to be embarrassed about implementing these LLRC recommendations.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023