No UK business representation at CHOGM-UK
Britain said that there will be no UK business representation at the upcoming meeting of Commonwealth Heads of Government (CHOGM), to be held in Sri Lanka this month, the House of Commons was informed.
“Chairman of the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoys, Lord Marland will be in Sri Lanka in November 2013 on the invitation of the Commonwealth Business Council….but there will be no UK business representation at the meeting,” Britain’s Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills Michael Fallon told British Parliament.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023