No weddings from Tuesday (17) – No social gatherings from tonight (15)
Sri Lanka has decided not to allow weddings to take place at homes or reception halls with effect from midnight on Tuesday (17).
This decision was taken to contain COVID-19 pandemic, Sri Lanka Army Commander General Shavendra Silva said.
Army Commander said no social gatherings or functions will be permitted from Sunday (15).
Restaurants can operate only with maximum 50% capacity, however, that too is discouraged, he added.
The above instructions will remain in effect until further notice, said General Shavendra Silva.
Further, the Army Commander requested the general public to refrain from visiting public places.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023