One dead, another injured in leopard attack at Kumana
One person has been killed and another injured after being attacked by a Leopard in the Kumana National Park.
The attack had, reportedly, occurred at around 4 pm last evening (18).
The victim has been identified as a road construction tractor driver.
The Leopard had reportedly attacked the victim and dragged him deeper into the forest, following which when a group of wildlife officers had entered the forest to search for the man; the Leopard had again attacked, critically injuring one person.
The injured individual has been admitted to the Ampara hospital for treatment.
Wildlife officials and Police said investigations have been launched into the incident.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023