One dead in heat exhaustion while in kerosene line
Posted in Local News
A person who had come to obtain kerosene from a petrol station in Kandy passed away this afternoon (March 19) after collapsing due to heat exhaustion while waiting in line.
Police said the victim was rushed to Kandy National Hospital immediately after, however he had died on admission to the hospital.
The deceased has been identified as a 71 year old resident of Udathalawinna, Wattegama.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023