Price of milk powder increased
The price of a 400g packet of milk powder has been increased by Rs. 250 with immediate effect.
Thereby, the revised price of a packet of milk powder now stands at Rs. 790 per 400g, the Milk Powder Importers’ Association said this evening.
The importers decided to increase the prices of the product once again due to the price hike in the global market and the appreciation of the US dollar against the Sri Lankan rupee.
The rates last went up in December 2021. The price of milk powder was Rs. 540 per 400g after the last price revision.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023