Opposition to stage protest if fuel prices not reduced
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa today said that a protest will be launched if the the government does not pass the benefits of the reduction of the world crude oil prices.
Premadasa made these comments during a press conference today (10).
“World crude oil prices have dropped by 41% and it is not fair for the government to deprive its citizens from such benefits,” Premadasa added.
“We will launch a peaceful protest if the government fails to act on this demand.”
According to Premadasa, with the global price reduction of crude oil, the the government could reduce a litre of 95 Octane from Rs. 161 to Rs. 94 and reduce a litre of Super diesel from Rs. 132 to Rs. 67.75.
(Source: The Morning)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023