Pakistan deploys emergency relief goods for Sri Lanka
Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif has directed the authorities concerned to make immediate arrangements for provision of emergency relief to the Sri Lankan flood victims.
In line with the directive of the Prime Minister following material and equipment are being sent to Sri Lanka from the government and the people of Pakistan as emergency relief for flood victims.
These include 100 tents for health service provision, 200 water pumps, 20 vehicles for transportation of health staff, 100 electricity generators, 400 emergency lamps, 500 pairs of boots, 1000 raincoats, 1000 umbrellas, 1000 torches, 50 mobile water purification plants, five mini mobile hospitals and 500kg insecticides for fly control as solphax.
According to a document, these relief goods are being dispatched by the National Disaster Management Authority in coordination with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the transportation arrangements of the Ministry of Defence/Pakistan Air Force.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023