President visits flood victims
President Maithripala Sirisena yesterday (May 22) made an observation visit to Wellampitiya, Meethotamulla and Kolonnawa to look into the issues of the victims of the flood in the areas.
First, he arrived in the Vidyawardana Vidyalaya in Wellampitiya and met the victims there. He paid his attention into the issues faced by those flood victims.
The President by talking to everybody personally looked into their problems. He also inspected the subsidies provided to them and further checked about the shortfalls of the relief services.
At this occasion, the flood victims drew the President’s attention into the problems faced by them.
President Sirisena instructed officials in the relevant sections to look into those issues and directed to carry on the ongoing relief services in a systematic and proper manner.
The President also met the flood victims waiting at the Dharmodaya Temple in Meethotamulla. He who looked into the issues of those people then visited those who displaced in Kolonnawa. He met them at the Nagavanarama Temple, Kolonnawa.
The President ensured these people that the government would be committed to perform every task for the welfare of the victims.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
What is the President trying to achieve by these visits?
The pathetic state of the affected citizens demonstrates the utter incompetence of the Sena-Singhe Yahapalana Government.
The Government’s economic advisors will most likely increase the VAT by many more %’s to provide flood relief and also, the CB Gov can sell a few more billions of bonds (for flood relief) to benefit his SIL.
I can only sing ” Bring Back, Bring Back, Bring Back the Rajapaksa’s to me”