Piyankara Jayaratne released from bribery case
Colombo High Court has released the former Civil Aviation Minister Piyankara Jayaratne from all charges in the case over SriLankan Catering Limited.
The order was issued by Colombo High Court Judge Manjula Thilakaratne.
When the case was taken up for hearing today, the Judge was informed that the case was filed without the consent of the bribery commissioners.
Considering the request the court allowed the Bribery Commission to withdraw its indictment and ordered for the release of Jayaratne from the case.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023