Piyasiri Wijenayake expelled from NFF
Posted in Local News
National Organizer of the National Freedom Front (NFF) Piyasiri Wijenayake stated that he was requested to step down from his post within the NFF and resign from a member from his political party.
He further stated that he cannot disclose the manner in which he was expelled from the party and that a formal complaint on this regard will be lodged with the elections commissioner.
Sources within the NFF confirmed that Piyasiri Wijenayake was requested to leave as he did not conform to the policies and decisions of the party.
It was further stated that the party disciplinary committee can produce evidence against the former national organizer should the need arise to do so.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023