Piyasiri Wijenayake expelled from NFF
National Organizer of the National Freedom Front (NFF) Piyasiri Wijenayake stated that he was requested to step down from his post within the NFF and resign from a member from his political party.
He further stated that he cannot disclose the manner in which he was expelled from the party and that a formal complaint on this regard will be lodged with the elections commissioner.
Sources within the NFF confirmed that Piyasiri Wijenayake was requested to leave as he did not conform to the policies and decisions of the party.
It was further stated that the party disciplinary committee can produce evidence against the former national organizer should the need arise to do so.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023