PM on recent tax reforms
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is to brief the United National Party (UNP) Ministers, Deputy Ministers and MPs on the situation with regard to tax reforms, shortly.
Following several inquiries from Ministers and MPs with regard to the increase of VAT and also President Sirisena’s comments on this, Prime Minister Wickremesinghe, during a meeting at Temple Trees yesterday, had informed UNP Ministers, Deputy Ministers and MPs that he will brief them on the real situation shortly.
The Prime Minister had said he would instruct the UNP group as to how they should brief the media on the issue.
He also discussed the UNP’s May Day Rally to be held at Campbell Park and had instructed all MPs and Ministers to ensure that all party members in their respective constituencies participate in the rally.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023