Police nab 14,153 drunk drivers
From January to April of this year, 14,153 drunk drivers were detected, according to Police Media Spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana.
He added that 12 bus drivers will lose their licenses permanently if found guilty of drunk driving. The passengers and the public would otherwise have to face the risks, due to the negligence of such drivers, he said.
During the festive season last year, there were 62 fatal accidents, 212 serious injuries, 365 minor injuries and 325 cases of damage to property reported. During the festive season this year, from 10-17 April; 56 fatal accidents, 127 serious injuries, 243 minor injuries and 167 incidents of damage to property were reported. There were 51, 764 drunk drivers detected in 2013.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023