Police shoot at Jeep that ignored order to stop
Posted in Local News
One person was hospitalised when the police opened fire at a jeep in which a group of excise officers were travelling in at Araiviyal Nagar in Kilinochchi this morning.
The police had ordered the jeep to stop based on information that drugs were being transported; however, the driver continued on ignoring the police command to stop the vehicle.
The driver who was injured in the shooting is receiving treatment at the Kilinochchi Hospital.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023