Police spokesman given lightning transfer
Police Spokesman SSP Prishantha Jayakody has been transferred from his post with effect from yesterday and appointed as the Director of the Police Examination Division.
His place is taken by Superintendent of Police G. M. H. B. Siriwardena, who was the Director of the Police Examination Division.
SSP Jayakody assumed duties as the police spokesman for a second time after the sudden transfer of then incumbent SSP Ajith Rohana to the Ampara Division last October.
Jayakody had previously served as the police spokesman until Oct. 2011 and was succeeded by SSP Maxi Proctor when he went to Haiti as the Head of the Sri Lanka Contingent of the UN peace keeping mission there.
SSP Rohana received the lightning transfer after Minister Mervyn Silva’s son Malaka assaulted an army major at a Colombo night club. Likewise, SSP Jayakody’s transfer has come in the aftermath of Minister Maithreepala Sirisena’s son Daham Tharaka’s alleged attack on former acting Batticaloa DIG Ravi Waidyalankara’s son Asela.
(Courtesy: The Island)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023