Postage rates to be revised after 6 years – sources
Posted in Local News
The government has decided to revise postage rates with effect from August 01.
The proposal for the relevant changes to the rates has already received cabinet approval, according to sources within the Postal Department.
The minimum postal fee of Rs 5 is to be increased by Rs 5 thereby making the new minimum fee Rs 10 while certain other postage rates are expected to be reduced.
While postage rates are usually revised every 3 years, the latest price revision comes after 6 years.
The Gazette notification pertaining to this price revision is expected to be released within the next week.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023