Postal worker tested positive for COVID-19
An official at the Post Office of the Central Mail Exchange in Colombo tested positive for COVID-19.
Accordingly, the Central Mail Exchange stated that the post office has been temporarily closed and all staff members in close contact with the positive patient are facing PCR tests, while the office is being disinfected.
Postmaster General Ranjith Ariyaratne said a decision on when to reopen the Post Office will be reached subsequently.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024