Postal worker tested positive for COVID-19
Posted in Local News
An official at the Post Office of the Central Mail Exchange in Colombo tested positive for COVID-19.
Accordingly, the Central Mail Exchange stated that the post office has been temporarily closed and all staff members in close contact with the positive patient are facing PCR tests, while the office is being disinfected.
Postmaster General Ranjith Ariyaratne said a decision on when to reopen the Post Office will be reached subsequently.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023