Power disconnected in flooded areas – CEB
The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) says that the power supply to flooded areas such as Matugama, Kitulgoda, Bulathsinhala and Kukuleganga in the Kalutara District has been disconnected for public safety.
The death toll due to the prevailing adverse weather conditions has risen to 12 with 10 of them being reported from the Kalutara District.
Five persons have died due to a landslide in the Agalawatta area while one persons is reported missing in Bulathsinhala.
Five more deaths caused by flooding and landslides have been reported in Mathugama and Welipenna.
The Disaster Management Center (DMC) says that a large number of people have been affected by floods in Kalutara, Mathugama and Agalawatta and that many have been left stranded in their homes.
Sri Lanka Air Force has dispatched 2 helicopters to assist in rescue operations.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023