Power disconnected in flooded areas – CEB
The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) says that the power supply to flooded areas such as Matugama, Kitulgoda, Bulathsinhala and Kukuleganga in the Kalutara District has been disconnected for public safety.
The death toll due to the prevailing adverse weather conditions has risen to 12 with 10 of them being reported from the Kalutara District.
Five persons have died due to a landslide in the Agalawatta area while one persons is reported missing in Bulathsinhala.
Five more deaths caused by flooding and landslides have been reported in Mathugama and Welipenna.
The Disaster Management Center (DMC) says that a large number of people have been affected by floods in Kalutara, Mathugama and Agalawatta and that many have been left stranded in their homes.
Sri Lanka Air Force has dispatched 2 helicopters to assist in rescue operations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024
- Manna Roshan’s brother killed in Hanwella shooting March 4, 2024