Sri Lanka spinner Senanayake reported for suspect action
Sri Lanka off-spinner Sachithra Senanayake has been reported for a suspect bowling action following his side’s win over England in the fourth one-day international at Lord’s on Saturday, the International Cricket Council said on Monday.
Senanayake, 29, was reported by the match officials after concerns were raised about a number of his deliveries.
“Senanayake’s bowling action will now be scrutinised further under the ICC process relating to bowlers reported in tests, ODIs and T20Is,” the ICC said in a statement on its website (www.icc-cricket.com.
“The off-spinner is required to undergo testing within 21 days, and, during this period, he is permitted to continue bowling in international cricket until the results of the testing are known.”
Senanayake has played one test, 33 ODIs and 17 Twenty20 matches for Sri Lanka.
The five-match series is tied 2-2 ahead of the fifth and final game at Edgbaston on Tuesday.
(Reuters / Pix by PA)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
If that is the case, it must be another the sh–y jobs done by Paul Farbrace. Glad now he is with the right lot.