President agrees to meet CBK
President Mahinda Rajapaksa has agreed to meet with former President Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga (CBK), following a request made by Kumaratunga to discuss religious harmony in the country, a highly reliable source said.
The President has agreed to meet the former President only after she made a request for the second time.
Previously, Kumaratunga in a letter to Presidential Secretary Lalith Weeratunga, had requested for an appointment to meet the President to discuss religious harmony in the country. Speaking to the media, Kumaratunga said her letter had not received a positive response.
Kumaratunga had then sent a letter directly to the President, asking for an appointment.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023