President apologizes regarding tear gas attack on Buddhist monks
President Maithripla Sirisena expressed apology over the inconvenience caused to the Buddhist monks due to the tear gas attack, when a group of Buddhist monks representing several organizations including Sinhalaye Api National Organization , visited the President’s office to handover a message yesterday (Nov 19).
They had not intimated earlier that they would come to handover a message to the President. However, the President instructed to take immediate action to conduct an inquiry on this matter.
The President invited the delegation and engaged in a friendly conversation with the Venerable Theros and accepted the letter presented by them over the judiciary matters of Ven. Galagodaatte Gnanasara Thero.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023