President appoints new members to Election Commision and Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe appointed members to the Election Commission and the Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka (HRCSL) yesterday (June 29).
Retired Supreme Court judge, L.T.B. Dehideniya has been selected as the chairman of HRCSL.
The newly appointed members of the HRCSL are Mr. Nimalasena Gardier Pundihewa, Mr. Thaiyamuttu Thanaraj, Prof. Fathima Farzana Hanifa, and Dr. Gehan Dinuk Gunatillake.
Meanwhile, former Additional Commissioner-General of Elections R.M.A.L. Rathnayake has been appointed as the chairman of the Election Commission of Sri Lanka.
Simultaneously, M.A. Pathmasiri Chandrawansha Perera and Ameer Mohommed Faiz were appointed to serve as members of the Election Commision.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023