President arrives in Tanzania
President Mahinda Rajapaksa commencing his five-day state visit to Tanzania and Seychelles arrived in Tanzania from the Julius Nyerere International Airport this morning (June 27).
Tanzanian President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete warmly welcomed President Rajapaksa at the airport. A little girl presented a bouquet of flowers to the President while native dancers performed on the side line of the welcoming ceremony. The President was also accorded a Guard of Honor and gun salute.
Not only will this be President Rajapaksa’s first visit to both countries, but it will also be the first visit of any Sri Lankan President.
President Rajapaksa will hold bilateral discussions with his Tanzanian counterpart and also attend the International Smart Partnership Dialogue in the city of Dar es Salaam.
Minister of External Affairs Prof. G. L. Peiris, Minister of Sports Mahindananda Aluthgamage, Minister of Public Relations and Public Affairs Mervyn Silva, Monitoring MP of the Ministry of External Affairs Sajin De Vaas Gunawardene, Members Parliament Lohan Ratwatte and Lakshman Wasantha Perera, Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga and Governor of the Central Bank Ajith Nivard Cabraal are accompanied the President.
(Courtesy: President Media)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023