President honors STF and PNB on seizing largest heroin haul
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena has posted on Twitter honoring the Police Special Task Force (STF) and the Police Narcotics Bureau (PNB) for seizing the largest heroin haul in Sri Lanka.
The STF and the PNB apprehended the 294 kg 490 g heroin in Kollupitiya, yesterday (23). Reportedly, this is the largest stock of heroin ever seized in Sri Lanka.
On his Tweet honoring the STF and PNB, President Sirisena stated that he will give his complete support for these raids that he considers a noble mission to protect the younger generation.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023