President in Matara for National Vesak day celebrations
Posted in Local News
The National Vesak celebrations will be held at the Rajamaha Viharaya in Kottegoda, Matara with President Mahinda Rajapaksa attending the event. Around 10,000 devotees are expected to participate in the religious customs as well.
The Central Bank of Sri Lanka will also release two coins in honour of the 2600thSri Sambuddha Jayanthi celebrations. A Rs.1000 coin and a Rs.10 coin will be specially minted for the occasion.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023