President Rajapaksa participates in a religious ceremony at Nallur Hindu Kovil
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Nalin Hewapathirana)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa participated in a special religious ceremony at Nallur Hindu Kovil on his visit to Jaffna yesterday morning on 01st of April. This is President Rajapaksa’s second visit to the historic Hindu Shrine in the peninsula. His first visit was made prior to the Presidential election in January 2010. President also visited the Naga Viharaya in Jaffna and engaged in Buddhist religious observances. Later he attended the political rally organised by the ruling party candidates at Duraiappa stadium. Minister Douglas Devananda, many Tamil politicians and Governor of the Northern Province Major General G.A.Chandrasiri were present at the occasion.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
A true leader who liberated 3 millon tamil hindus from the cluthches of terrorist tamils. Can see the freedom in his face. May he live long to bring about true liberation. May he handover the baton to leaders who are able to bring about socio-cultural liberation to the tamil hindus. The Mandela of south East Asia, may the Naloor Kandaswami bless you and your clan.