President Rajapaksa visits Naga Vihara in Jaffna
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – (Pix by: Nalin Hewapathirana)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa paid a visit to Naga Vihara, the historic Buddhist Shrine at Jaffna town yesterday on 1st of April. Venerable Maha Sanga headed by Chief Incumbent of the Naga Vihara Ven. Meegahajathure Gnanarathana Nayaka Thero invoked blessings on President Rajapaksa after he engaged in religious observances at the temple. President also visited to the Nallur Hindu Temple.
This is President Rajapaksa’s first visit to the Jaffna peninsula after re-election in January. He addressed the election rally at Alfred Duraiappa Stadium organised by the ruling United People’s Freedom alliance (UPFA) and promised to treat all citizens as equal and work towards national reconciliation and development.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023