President reappoints IGP C.D. Wickramaratne despite rejection of Constitutional Council
Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe has decided to grant service extension of 03 weeks to Inspector General of Police (IGP) C.D. Wickramaratne, despite the rejection of the Constitutional Council.
The Constitutional Council has rejected the 03 weeks service extension given by President Wickremesinghe to IGP C.D. Wickramaratne when the Constitutional Council convened on Tuesday (October 17), chaired by Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardana.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023